Friday, March 20, 2015

St. Patrick's Pancakes

When I was little, my mom always did something special for my sisters and me each holiday. St. Patrick's Day was probably my favorite, though! When we came home from school, she would tell us that the Leprechauns had visited! But the Leprechauns were unlike any other character that visited our house each holiday- these little guys were crazy! They would leave green footsteps from the entryway to the living room, through the kitchen, and eventually to our rooms. We would follow the paths they made, and once in our rooms, we would see that our beds were unmade and there were toys strewn everywhere! They would also scatter candy all across our rooms and bathrooms.

 In order to celebrate, I wanted to share a post about how I made St. Patrick's Day special. You can serve these St. Patrick's Pancakes in the morning before work or school or even as breakfast for dinner!

St. Patrick's Pancakes 

I used my favorite whole-wheat pancake recipe, but feel free to use whatever pancake mix you have on hand or your go-to favorite pancake recipe.

1. Follow the directions to your favorite recipe. Once mixed, add green food coloring. Then, add 1/2 cup of Lucky Charms® Marshmallows.


2. In a heated pan coated with non-stick spray, add about 1/4 cup of your pancake mix. Cook until the top becomes bubbly and edges are firm, then flip.
-Because the marshmallows didn't seem to spread out evenly, I added a few more once in the pan for good measure.

3. Follow the same directions for all of your pancakes! Serve with your favorite juice or green (food-colored) milk, as I did! I also topped mine with extra marshmallows and sugar-free syrup. Make it your own by adding your favorite toppings such a whipped cream, peanut butter, or honey!



Hope you all had a wonderful St. Patrick's Day!
xoxo Jordan



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS